Try these delicious Pumpkin And Black Bean Burgers as an alternative to meat. They are vegan and gluten free. These burgers are also freezer-friendly.
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoon chili powder
2 garlic cloves
1 small onion, halved
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup old fashioned, rolled oats
1 14 ounce can of black beans, drained, rinsed, and divided
Buns and toppings
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together the pumpkin puree, olive oil, chili powder, garlic cloves, onion, cumin, salt, oats, and half of the black beans until mostly smooth. Scrape the sides a few times to get it really blended together.
3. Add in the remaining black beans, and pulse until just slightly chopped.
4. Wet your hands (to keep the mixture from sticking) and begin to form the mixture into four large patties.
5. Place the patties on the prepared baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until the top of the patties look golden brown and are beginning to crack. Note: these patties work best baked in the oven, not on a grill.
6. Serve on buns topped with your favorite burger toppings.
THANK YOU FOR PINNING AND SHARING!